Wednesday, May 12, 2010

10: Assignment 2 Elements of design. Street.

My own subject.
Culture. Or nature . It covers most things here in Borneo.

This theme. City life. In a way its Street.

10 photographs showing all that I have discovered in this course to date.
Took the camera out on a number of times,  still I cannot get to that wow factor.
What I see others taking. This it not what I want.
Where do I go from here.

Single point, the dominating composition : With the wet weather in Borneo, I had to move indoors for some Ideas.
Top of the shopping mall.  : Giving a single point perspective from the top floor.
Looking for all the elements, then breaking them down. First I saw the curves that  led to the man. One point of focus.:


                                                        
 Diagonal lines

 The sky light in a shopping mall



                                           
Several point in a shape : This was allot harder . Everything seem so out of shape and confused in KK City. My hope to see people gathered, or cars parked from an above view.
I came up with this of the mosque . Shapes making a shape. a curve . A triangle.



Curves 
Curves Many . But nothing artistically attractive. 
Centre point car park  


Implied triangle :


Again in the mall . I waited for a pattern. crating a match with the street lamp.Triangle. 




Curve
steel hanging from a crane 


Pattern:
At the ground floor of Centre point



Taxi cabs : out side centre Point, forming a pattern



2 Point and contrasting colour Hydrants 

Implied Triangle 

Curve: Late evening. The setting sunlight on this fly over. 

Implied triangle : This one I played with. As the two men looking at the big screen were to close . So using the clone tool I moved them apart . To make this applied triangle. there are two. the bottom two men connecting with the screen. or the three men. 


irregular Shapes: I think this one speaks for its self . The irregular shapes made in the walk way that is badly worn. 
Not sure if this is what I am looking for . 


Several points in a deliberate shape :
Another example. 


                                A combination of vertical and horizontal lines
KK Sea front. I liked this one as the boards take yore eye to the back of the photo to the many lines of the hotel.

Triangular line 
Three people making a connection.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers