Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Further reading And Observing of others work.

Often looking at new work through the internet. I find my self wondering. how to gain my own style?
I see work that I like, that i hate, that I want to say something about. And i do on blogs, However there are those who create, those who have full advantage of Time place and money to crate. then those who repeat others, I hate that.
 This course encourages criticism of my own and others work.

But even top pros I see fault with.     http://michaelgrecco.com  take a look at his work and see how Un natural the models look. He gets them into such uncomfortable poses. Its like he is pushing to hard. To much to make the impression.  i did notice how he worked when watching Final cut.  OK demanding and time is money. Got the money for the props Knows what he wants But i feel a bit Rush Rush and could do a little better.
One of his photo on his site shows a girl standing on rocks. her legs look so strained to hold the pose.
Its looks unbalanced.

Again I see I am merging into this sat on a desk top photoshop it thing again.  Said it before. A good photographer gets what he want as soon as he looks through that view finder. Sees light and shade takes in the detail . Makes adjustments and the shutter clunks.

I know I say I want the above cameras. But if they produce a compact 20 to 30 MP I can do wonders with that. I must say I have a long way to come against some . But its my own style I am trying to discover. And not mimic and copy cat others work.  Picky I will be, Nevertheless reason for doing is something els.

Iv been watching the wedding scene as well. This to me has been quite disturbing especially in the chinese format of what they see as good photography. As when I was with GOWP and MPA they would have thrown out what some a pushing to claim is good photography.
 The bride and groom  stuck in the corner or bottom of a photo looking at nothing and a vast amount of back ground. Or for grounds. Photos that to me, the camera has gone of accidentally , What is this all about ?  http://adpixstudio.com

Are they selling, or just getting a self ego that impresses them selves and not the on looker.

I did not take the picture . I have done something like this, long time ago. It did not work . So Is photography now becoming like music? Stretched for new idea's , Anything goes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers