Pages

About Me

My photo
Axminster, Axminster, United Kingdom
Serving you with photography for your need and requirements, From Wedding photography to events and fine art. photography tuition workshops

Monday, February 28, 2011

Exercise: A Narrative Picture Essay


A Narrative Picture Essay.
 Assignment 5

This is when I  had to think hard, to put together a story that gave interest. Humour about an everyday event . I decided on many things. Trying to to work out what would be interesting .
Then it came to mind, A cup of coffee. But how to make that into a story?
As every story has a start, a middle, and an end.

So I stared from the mug. The keys, cleaning my teeth, going out, locking the door. In the car. at the cafe. The coffee being made and a Indian Rotti for breakfast.

To make the images have action and movement , I used a low ISO and slow shutter. As the Caffe did not render much colour.  Some of the images converted  to black and white. This way I can ad contrast.

As I looked at the empty mug. Tipping it , looking into the bottom,  A the story unfolded.

I have to produce 5 to 15 photographs small and large :


An Empty mug.


 An empty coffee jar too!

Off to the shops to get some coffee.



Umm may take breakfast out instead.





 Clean my teeth!


Lock the door. And off I go. 


 Always a jam and red traffic lights to hold you back. So slow.




At the Cafe they are happy to serve , 
Coppy Panas means hot coffee, Sweet and strong.

Made with an art in its own.

Pored from here pored from there. 



High
And Low 

Served with Roti, Its an indian pancake .


Needed And flipped high 




 And flipped low
All to getter its a little show. 

 At last My Coffee . Looks a work of art , Don't you think so?


 Stirred blending both parts.


 So sweet strong and Drink!
And no washing up at the sink. 

The End. 


If you look at the photos. You can see how I thought them through. From the first two: Round and Straight.

The keys, a slight slope ( right to left and left to right.)

The tooth paste. Something out and the locking of the door, something in or release, and closed.

Look at the arm on the traffic lights, and the the left arm on the man, How the link and frame in some way relate. A definite connection yet so far apart.

The next two are focussed on the two cups, and the second in these two photos shows again, two cups.

High and low: Although one photo is similar. I used a vertical frame on both a large photo for the high, and smaller, for the low.

Ending with the Roti, and the making of the Roti.  Movement,  to flipping and tossing the Roti.

Then I brought in the coffee, with colour. Bringing in Colour to my life, as I refreshed, drinking the coffee, and satisfied with the Rote .

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers