Wednesday, April 21, 2010

6:Curve lines

Exercise: Curves
4 photographs.

 Curves .
Nature loves them. They are the finish off. When lines need to come to and end. Curve them. The human body has them all over. Man has become obsessed by them Sculpturally and sexually. We all like curves. Who ever it was in the EEC who said a cucumber or a banana should be straight, was not from this planet.

Curves are the beauty of this world as we see it.  Some one said to me a straight line is not truly straight.
Ummm . In photography. We like to bend and distort perspective to create Curves.  when I flipped through this course. I was eager to get to this Exercise, Only to be disappointed to find Only 4 Photographs required.

I wanted to fill the entire course with them.   . Arching in a cat. The Human Body. Rail lines. A table. contours of a car. Some you have seen already in the exercise balance and contrast. I collected many.

So here is My 4.

Man made curve in this simplistic picture of a lamp. 


Curves of nature ; As I was departing to go for another dive. I noticed the contour of the beach at Sapi island and the beauty of colour contrasted by light from the storm building up in the back ground. 



 Brisbane again the architect surly likes his curves in this creation. 

 At the Sydney opera house. The curves here leads the eye, and an S snake fashion to the main subject.
Created from Curves of shell shapes.


As for the text in this exercise referring to circles. I feel circles are more then Curves and should come into a category of there own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers