Monday, January 25, 2010

11 Balance :Dividing the frame.

This has got to be one of the most intriguing exercises out of all.

I have collected quite randomly 6 photographs from previously taken pictures in my general file . Looking at them and many of my photographs. I never noticed it before.
I can now see emerging balances in each photograph. Either by shape or contrast
In this picture taken in Australia of relics  from the past. Texture and mood from the window light,  plays a nice role. however the light and dark from each side works well, to balance the picture. Yet the horse head, and the object in the foreground, also pulls the picture together. Leading the eye inward. 





The two men talking, balances from the top left corner to bottom right, with a cross effect, pulling the eye in to the point of focus. You also have contrast of shade and balance of the shapes, from the far right green rectangle and the also high lit yellow board on the left.







Same in this picture. A balance is created, not from the subject. Although the two shade makings  C shape the green in the back, blends well with the shade. fore most, the hole subject is framed by a balance of vertical lines in the walls, back top left and what the shades are attached to middle right.




Here I get a little lost and open much to how? Although the not so obvious balance of dark and light appear dominant to this picture. Also the line of the floor paring up with the table. Moving from bottom left to top right.




This close up of a sand fly easily balanced with a cross, and shape from the fly to the sand grub. Balance also composes the composition .





I have left this one last due to its confusing clutter to deliberately make me think.
Shells.

looking at the picture.   Some harmony amongst it all falls together, that mentally drew me to take the picture in the first place. I guess if you can see the same . I will illustrate this later. in a drawing , The arrow that lies hidden framed by the canopy and the 3 people in the back.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers