Thursday, January 7, 2010

5 Panning with different shutter speeds

Exercise To pan and capture a moving subject showing the movement or speed by the blurring of
 the back ground. Using different shutter speeds.

Looking for suitable subjects that would appear to be
interesting was something els. 10-12 photographs.

In the past opportunity was there. Now faced with the task, I became restricted to boats and cars. Bikes and , the obvious.

Biker 1/15th F16
This picture was the start of this exercise , The back ground a little distracting. The image going out of frame right to left. 1/15th F16

1/30 sec on F4 iso 1000 400mm lens

Producing the shown photographs has given me more scope that a photograph can express.
I have been shooting photographs for a long time. I now know why my pictures seem average . They lack life. Just going out and pointing my camera and capturing the moment is not enough. It need to be creative. And thats what I lack. I see things for what they are. Now I am on a fresh path to discover. 
This would have normally been rejected, But I see now the artistic view of nature in flight.

1/20th sec on F9

1/ 20th sec F9

After taking my first set of photographs. I looked over them and decided to try and stick to 30 sec or lower giving much more feeling. I like the next 4 photographs, The 4th is my favourite

A really abstract confused Egret not sure of the sound of my shutter. You can see the confusion of the path of my lens.
1.10th sec on F4
1/30 sec on F9
More to a standard easy flow of the lens as the Great Billed Heron passed my way of view. I had to work fast as in all photos to keep the bird in sight and focus . Keeping in focus and in pace with nature is one of the most hardest skills of all.


1/10 sec on F64
Here the Chinese Egret changed corse just as I got it in frame. Giving a confused image.


I love the movement colour and texture in this picture. DRAMATIC. Although the Heron was flying left to right . I reversed the picture to bringing the composition more pleasing to the mind.
Panning take a bit of skill pressing the shutter and still keep the pan moving as you would shooting a gun or an arrow.

1/5th sec on F4

1/5th F64

1/5th f 64

The next two photographs I took last year at the F2 power boat race . The panning was good practice. the image portrays speed of the boat and sharply depicts that it is a speed boat at speed. The above I feel makes the mind wonder a bit more about the subject, with imagination and  feel of the subject.. More to art form.

1/30 sec F 64


1/50 sec F64
The same make photographing wild life that little bit more interesting. This is an area when i next have the chance. To use slower shutter to gain even more creativity.

1/60th sec at F5.6

1/125 sec F5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers