Friday, January 29, 2010

14 Cropping .

Chosen here are  3 photographs that I would crop to improve composition, to cut out un wanted areas,  to make impact.


The original photograph is nice as it stands. Nevertheless, I could not move in with out getting wet, so I took the shot, adding foreground to give depth. Some how, the flowers over power the photograph , So some cropping is required. Although I will lose size if this was to be enlarged.

This is how the image  was cropped :


End result



This result seems allot more balanced with the tree becoming dominant, leading down the river towards the other two trees.

The next red soft coral from Borneos Reefs.
Taken with an a640 compact in housing.
The over all picture is OK however , moving in closer, cutting out the blur.



 Bit of a job going through all my photographs. I chose this one as it had a number of options to crop. The main one being the boat. 



As it is, the setting is pleasing, taken at dusk.




Above you can see 3 possibilities. 



Here is the final crop. More focused on the boat its self. Yet still remaining tranquil. Framed by the rock and shadow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers